Getting to CERN
By PlaneFrom Geneva international airport at Cointrin
- Taxi - approximately 35CHF.
- Bus - First take a free public transport ticket from the machine you will find at the exit to the baggage collection hall, just before customs control. Then:
- Option 1: Take bus Y direction "Val-Thoiry" and get off at the CERN stop opposite the large Globe and the CERN site.
- Option 2: Take bus 23 direction "ZIPLO", 28 direction "Parfumerie", or 57 direction "Gare ZIMEYSA", and get off at the stop "Blandonnet" and then catch the number 18 tram to "CERN".
By TrainFrom Geneva railway station at Cornavin
- Tram - Take the number 18 tram to "CERN" which is the final stop at the CERN entrance.
Ticket costs 3.00CHF (choose "Tout Genève" on the ticket machine). See the TPG website for full details.